Staff Software Engineer (Python), Munich
Up to 120,000 EUR + Benefits
Based in Munich. Permanent employment basis, Full-time with some flexible home office
We are partnered with a business that's shaking up the post-purchase game for a mind-blowing 550 brands around the world! They've built a platform that's like a magical bridge, connecting people and brands in the most extraordinary way. Say goodbye to complicated logistics because they turn chaos into pure opportunity. They've got superpowers to effortlessly handle millions of shipments, sprinkle personalized event-driven emails like confetti, and track data from over 150 carriers. Brace yourself, because every single day they conjure up a whopping 40 million reasons for people to fall head over heels in love with brands! Get ready to be part of this wild revolution where the post-purchase experience becomes an unforgettable adventure!
At the moment, we are identifying top performers in the backend development programming space, ideally, people that are experienced in Python/Django programming to work in a small but growing team of talented engineers on this platform.
The key responsibilities would be:
- Get together with the cool Product Engineering Leadership and Product Owners to create and maintain our awesome product portfolio that brings joy to millions of users every day.
- Whip out your coding superpowers to build, optimize, and make the backend applications super scalable using fancy technologies like Python, Django, REST/GraphQL APIs, Job Queues, and all sorts of databases.
- Embrace the modern ways of development like CI/CD, code quality checks, test automation, and coding like a boss.
- Share your wisdom and guide the junior engineers by providing mentorship and rocking code reviews like a pro.
- Hang out with stakeholders and make sure our products are in sync with the business goals and make our customers go "Wow!"
- Be a team player and attend the awesome cross-functional team meetings where we gather requirements, share your tech insights, and collaborate to make the products even more amazing.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the industry, learn the latest trends, technologies, and best practices to keep our products ahead of the game.
The team works on projects that incorporate a very open culture, short release cycles, continuous delivery as well as valuing high-quality code. The basic requirements are as follows:
- Expert in Python programming
- Solid understanding of Django or FastAPI
- A good overview of technologies such as REST/GraphQL APIs, SQL and AWS
- Excellent team player and technical leadership skills
- Fluent English and good communication skills
- Permanent employment basis, full-time in Munich with some flexible home office options
This is an exceptional opportunity as we offer an impressive workspace as well as using some of the latest technologies. Regular hack days/conference budget, time for learning, and the ability to make an impact within a talented team.
If this role sounds right for you, we welcome your application. For more information on this job opportunity please get in touch with Paul Turner on +44 203 854 8002 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org