EPISODE: 9 Diversity & Inclusion Q&A with Vanessa Eriksson (Part 2)
PART 2: Just before the festive holidays I had the pleasure of following up with SVP, Chief Digital Officer & Board Member, Vanessa Eriksson.
As a proud mother of 3 teenage daughters, Vanessa is passionate about encouraging Girls in Tech and through her own motivations has successfully launched her very own brainchild ‘Girls in Tech’ -
GiT’s goal is to motivate and inspire school girls aged 13–16 in the fields of science and technology through interactive events and workshops.
Today, we dive deep into diversity & inclusion topics and explore:
- How can organisations achieve 50/50 gender split in their management team?
- How to best promote and nurture diversity in the workplace?
- The importance of embracing diverse communities in every form outside of just gender/race (LGBT, Neurodiverse & so on).
- Creating an inclusive culture.
- Powerful advice for anyone wanting to set up an initiative similar to GiT; “Start small because as long as you’re making a difference, you’re inspiring somebody.”
& much more!
Check out our full video interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jWNXxa938o&feature=youtu.be
Who’s story would you like to hear from next? What questions do you have for women in the tech or advocates of diversity and inclusion? If you would like to get involved in this initiative, I would love to hear from you! Please contact me on email@example.com
By Ellie King - Principal Talent Partner - Data / AI - Nordics